Tell us about the top five places you’ve always wanted to visit. GO!
Well, I am pretty sure this topic is supposed to be one that is taken seriously, in other words a list of places that are NOT fictional and one could actually go to. But as ever, my mind is simply not wired that way, so I shall make two separate lists (because I like lists.)
- Hogwarts. I mean, come on. Out of the people who have grown up with the series and waited for the movies to come out, who doesn’t want to go and enter the magical world of moving staircases and dragons and Quidditch? Plus the library alone would be just amazing.
- Asgard. The beautiful buildings and scenery, not to mention two extremely attractive Norse gods. Enough said.
- The inside of a TARDIS. Pretty much self-explanatory. Again, who doesn’t want to travel through all of time and space with the Doctor?
- The Seven Kingdoms. I know, I know. Endless bloodshed and fighting and people dying. But I still think it would be fascinating to enter that world and just experience everything firsthand. Although I’m not sure how long I’d survive.
- Middle Earth. Well technically, being in New Zealand probably already counts. But where are all of the elves and hobbits and dwarves?
Real-life Places I could actually go to one day:
- Comic-Con. I’m not even going to try explain how much this would mean to me. It would be like the equivalent of all my dreams coming true at one time in the one place multiplied by an unimaginable amount.
- The Sherlock Holmes museum in London. Like, actually to have the opportunity to go to 221B. Mind-blown.
- The Wizard World of Harry Potter. Again, pretty self-explanatory. Plus you get to actually try Butterbeer and get a wand.
- Greece and Rome. Just to be able to see all the old architecture and the museums and the history behind everything. Same with Egypt.
- Anywhere in Japan. I know it’s probably nothing like what you see on Internet or in anime, but I just really want to go there one day and try the food.
Looking back at my list, I have realised how the majority of these are fictional or based around something that is. Which just shows how much I have actually integrated the made-up world of others into mine.
Have you made your bucket list? Now’s the time — write about the things you want to do and see before you become dust in the wind.
I waited a while before doing this, because there was a time where I was obsessed with the idea of leaving behind a mark and having a fulfilling life before dying. Actually, no, that’s a lie. One of the main things I constantly think about are ways which I can ensure I die at the right time. The ‘right’ time being on my own terms: because I am 100% ready to leave this world.
This list is about to get very, very long, and I have included many things from a bucket list I made a few years ago, some of which I have already done. They range from insanely deep, to insanely improbable. Many of these are completely stupid and just things I want to actually do one day. As for the others, I am pretty certain they will never, ever be able to be achieved (Possibly because they are merely in the mind.). But far-fetched as they seem, we’ve all been constantly taught to dream, right?
So here goes (in no particular order) a list of things I want to do one day:
- Finish all the books on my constantly-increasing to-read list
- Meet an author of one of my favourite books
- Meet someone from BBC Sherlock
- Meet someone from one of my favourite TV show/movies
- Finish a 10,000 word fanfic
- Write and publish a novel
- Compose a song with lyrics, chords, bass lines etc.
- Dye my hair purple
Understand the meaning of having a best friend
- Fall in love
- Jump off a cliff
- Go up on a downwards escalator or vice-versa
- Stared in the face of death
- Learn Greek
- Go to a pop concert
- Be somewhat normal
- Be fluent in multiple languages
- Write a Tumblr theme from scratch
- Learn how to put on makeup properly
- Go to England
- Own a house which I am proud of
- Have one of those floor-to-ceiling libraries with a secret room
- Have a grand staircases like in the Titanic and Hogwarts
- Be proud of myself
- Be able to look back and not regret everything
- Be satisfied in life
- Not hate the world
- Write a will
- And a suicide note. Just in case
- Die when I want to
- Be remembered
- Go to a nice university
- Travel somewhere with my best friend
- Audition for some TV show
- Kiss in the rain
- Go to Starbucks
- Go to every nice restaurant in my current town
- Go to someone nice’s wedding
- Stop being ‘depressed’
- Learn archery
- And fencing
- Let people in
- Go to a movie premier
- Not lose touch of people who matter
- Have enough money to be able to have the life I want
Learn the guitar
- Learn the drums
- Stop hating myself
- Never swear
- Or use incorrect grammar and spelling purposely
- Control emotions and tears
- Stop regretting stuff
- Learn to make every moment in my life mean something
- Leave something behind in this world
These are all I can think of for the present. I may or may not add more later; it really depends on whether I can be bothered or not!
I feel like I should use this website as an opportunity to organise my very unorganised life and in short, mind. So I am going to try and list all of my fandoms (or just the things I have an intense love for) here and add to them when I find yet another, because knowing me, by the end of this year this will have increased immensely. They are going to be in no particular order because I am really too lazy to put them in alphabetical order or range them in preference. Plus how does one decide between Harry Potter or Sherlock?
- Harry Potter series
- Sherlock Holmes
- The Perks of being a Wallflower
- The Lord of the Rings
- The Hobbit
- The Hunger Games
- The Mortal Instruments
- The Infernal Devices
- The Fault in Our Stars
- Percy Jackson and the Olympians
- Maximum Ride
- The Millenium Trilogy
- The Inheritance cycle
- His Dark Materials
- Artemis Fowl
- Warriors Cats
- Rick Riordan novels
- John Green novels
- The Great Gatsby
- Marvel Comics
- The Walking Dead Comics
- Dan Brown novels
- Young Sherlock Holmes
- The Catcher in the Rye
- The Book Thief
- It’s Kind of a Funny Story
Movies, TV Shows and Anime
- BBC Sherlock
- Doctor Who
- Game of Thrones
- Star Trek
- Star Wars
- Les Misérables
- Parade’s End
- Agent’s of S.H.I.E.L.D.