Tell us about the top five places you’ve always wanted to visit. GO!
Well, I am pretty sure this topic is supposed to be one that is taken seriously, in other words a list of places that are NOT fictional and one could actually go to. But as ever, my mind is simply not wired that way, so I shall make two separate lists (because I like lists.)
- Hogwarts. I mean, come on. Out of the people who have grown up with the series and waited for the movies to come out, who doesn’t want to go and enter the magical world of moving staircases and dragons and Quidditch? Plus the library alone would be just amazing.
- Asgard. The beautiful buildings and scenery, not to mention two extremely attractive Norse gods. Enough said.
- The inside of a TARDIS. Pretty much self-explanatory. Again, who doesn’t want to travel through all of time and space with the Doctor?
- The Seven Kingdoms. I know, I know. Endless bloodshed and fighting and people dying. But I still think it would be fascinating to enter that world and just experience everything firsthand. Although I’m not sure how long I’d survive.
- Middle Earth. Well technically, being in New Zealand probably already counts. But where are all of the elves and hobbits and dwarves?
Real-life Places I could actually go to one day:
- Comic-Con. I’m not even going to try explain how much this would mean to me. It would be like the equivalent of all my dreams coming true at one time in the one place multiplied by an unimaginable amount.
- The Sherlock Holmes museum in London. Like, actually to have the opportunity to go to 221B. Mind-blown.
- The Wizard World of Harry Potter. Again, pretty self-explanatory. Plus you get to actually try Butterbeer and get a wand.
- Greece and Rome. Just to be able to see all the old architecture and the museums and the history behind everything. Same with Egypt.
- Anywhere in Japan. I know it’s probably nothing like what you see on Internet or in anime, but I just really want to go there one day and try the food.
Looking back at my list, I have realised how the majority of these are fictional or based around something that is. Which just shows how much I have actually integrated the made-up world of others into mine.